1. Join us for Extension Master Gardener College, June 22-26 in Blacksburg. Full program available now! Registration opens April 21, 2022 Lean more
2. Gardening in the Valley Garden Tour, June 25, Page County Virginia -Extension Master Gardeners in the Northern Shenandoah Valley are pleased to present the Gardening in the Valley Garden tour, June 25, 9 am through 4 pm. There are five fabulous gardens in Luray and Page County officially featured on the tour and an additional four recommended garden locations where no ticket is required. The tour includes a mix of private gardens, agribusinesses, and public garden space. Tickets are $10 each through noon on June 24. On the day of the tour, tickets will be $12 available from 9 am to 2 pm at Massanutten Country Corner outside Luray. Proceeds benefit youth program provided by Virginia Cooperative Extension in Page County. Learn more and purchase tickets at http://nsvmga.org/events/garden-tour/.
3. Henrico Master Gardeners to hold Spring Plant Sale June 11, Deep Run Park, Henrico County Henrico County Master Gardeners will hold a Spring Plant Sale and Pollinator Festival 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, June 11, in the Event Field at Deep Run Park in Henrico’s west end. Master Gardeners will be selling plants from their own gardens at bargain prices. The event will also include pre-made floral arrangements available for purchase, a “Garden Treasures” tent selling gently used gardening items, educational displays, children’s activities, food trucks and musical entertainment. Admission is free. https://www.henricomg.org/
Old June announcement
4. Garden Fest and EMG Plant Sale – June 4 – Belle Grove Plantation, Middletown, VA – The Northern Shenandoah Valley Master Gardeners will hold their annual GardenFest and EMG Plant Sale on Saturday, June 4th at Belle Grove Historic Plantation just south of Middletown, VA. Reasonably priced plants or all kinds raised by the Master Gardeners will be available. Parking is free and there is no admission charge. There will be plant related vendors, tool sharpening services, children’s activities and more.
5. If you would like an infographic showing your local unit’s 2021 statistics, please email Devon firstname.lastname@example.org Infographic template available here. Note: We have not pre-made infographics for each unit this year and will instead be working with you to develop them on request.
6. Updated indicia statement:
Virginia Cooperative Extension is a partnership of Virginia Tech, Virginia State University, the U.S. Department of Agriculture, and local governments. Its programs and employment are open to all, regardless of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, military status, or any other basis protected by law.
As always, remember to use the indicia statement on all material you distribute to the public. For promotional material for events, you also need the ADA statement, available here.
1. Send us your announcements! Have you converted educational programs to an online format? You can still submit those announcements for the biweekly email! Submit an item for the biweekly update here.