- VCE Master Gardener Program 2018 Webinar Series – Scott Douglas, Director of the Hahn Horticulture Garden – September 13, 2018
- 10:00 AM on Thursday, September 13, click this link to join around 9:45 AM: https://virginiatech.zoom.us/j/990522700
- The (Large) Space Between: Reimagining Highway Corridors as Performative Landscapes—Join Scott as he discusses alternative plantings along highway corridors and what might be possible! Visit here for a complete description: http://blogs.lt.vt.edu/mastergardener/current-master-gardeners/sample-page/webinar-series/
- National EMG Coordinator’s Webinar Recordings
- The August recorded webinar is posted at this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSjx5bGR3Mw
- Webinar PPTs, handouts and other materials may be found at this link: http://create.extension.org/EMGCoordinators-OnlineDiscussions
- Save the Date: VAFHP 2010 Annual Conference – Blacksburg, VA – January 28-29, 2019
- Due to a change in our webinar service provider, recordings of past EMG State Office webinars are temporarily unavailable. We expect to restore webinar recordings sometime this Fall. When webinars are again available, we will send out an announcement via the biweekly update. Thank you for your patience during this time.
- 12th Annual Heritage Harvest Festival at Monticello – Charlottesville, VA – September 22, 2018
- VMGA 2018 Educational Event – Appomattox, VA – September 29, 2018
- Save the Date: Spring to Green – Danville, VA – February 2, 2019
- Arlington / Alexandria Events – September
- Landscape Professional Training Opportunities – Storm water Landscapes, Central Virginia – September 12, 2018
- VMGA Education Day 2018: “Bats, Birds and Bugs: Gardening on the Wilder Side” – Appomattox, VA – September 29, 2018 – Holiday Lake 4-H Center, Speakers on entomology, bats, wildflowers, water resources, and what’s happening in your backyard that you might not be aware of! (Registration Deadline – September 11, 2018)
- Cost $40 VMGA members; $50 for others. Lunch included in fee.
- Flyers went out to all VMGA members; contact your VMGA representative.
- Saturdays in the Garden Series – Fauquier County – September 22
- VBMG Fall Gardening Festival – Saturday, Sept. 15, 2018 – HRAREC, 1444 Diamond Springs Rd. – Virginia Beach, VA
- Home Horticulture Education – Eggleston Garden Center, Norfolk, VA – September 8th to October 13th
- Go Green Expo – 10 Year Anniversary of Hampton Roads Green Education Event – Newport News MGs – Saturday, September 9, 2018
- Saturday, September 8
- Newport News MGs Go Green Expo
- 10 Year Anniversary of Hampton Roads Green Education Event
- Free and Open to the Public
- For More Information: nngogreenexpo.org
- Brittingham-Midtown Community Center
- 570 McLawhorne Dr.,
- Newport News, Va. 23601
- Central Shenandoah Valley Garden Symposium: “Going Native” – Weyers Cave, VA – October 27, 2018
- Follow the State Office on social media:
- #LocalFoodMatter PHOTO CONTEST – photos must be submitted between June 1st and November 2nd, 2018
- Recorded Webinars: Recorded EMG Coordinator webinars hosted by the National Extension Master Gardener Coordinators Committee
- Spark page from Colorado: Check out these resources from the Colorado Master Gardener program, discussing staffing booths at public events!
- Whether you attended the 2018 Master Gardener College or not, you should still check out the Brag Boards that were submitted! Click HERE to view the video of all of them! Make sure to send in a brag board next year to brag about your unit!