Skip to content
- We want your feedback on Master Gardener College! Are you unable to attend? Let us know why! Have you attended for years and have suggestions for improvements? Let us know! Help us make our College event more accessible to everyone. Take the survey here. https://vce.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8kNBuPMEaQIwd5s
- The brag board slideshow from EMGC 2023 is available here: https://youtu.be/S3se5DBwcAE
- EMG Webinar Series 2023: The EMG monthly webinar series has returned! We look forward to bringing you a wide range of new and interesting topics. All webinars will be recorded and posted to our website (https://mastergardener.ext.vt.edu/webinar-archive/). Please plan to register for each webinar:
- August 18th at 10am – Forest Health Update, Lori Chamberlin VDOF. Learn about the most common pests and diseases in Virginia’s forests. This presentation will teach participants how to identify forest health disturbance agents, and how to prevent damage. Our speaker, Lori Chamberlin, is the Forest Health Manager for the Virginia Department of Forestry. Register for August webinar here
- Sept 14, 10:00 am “Fall” into Your Lawn, Dr. Mike Goatley will cover the most important steps in rejuvenating cool season lawns and preparing warm season lawns for the winter. Register for September webinar here
- Gloucester Extension Master Gardeners’ 21st Annual Plant Extravaganza – September 8 & 9, 2023 – Moose Lodge 886 Family Center, 6565 Moose Drive, Gloucester, VA 23061 –
- Join the Gloucester Extension Master Gardeners for our 21st Annual Plant Extravaganza on Friday, September 8, 3:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. and Saturday, September 9, 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. The sale will feature native plants, perennials, trees, shrubs, herbs, house plants, gently used garden tools and more at great prices! Proceeds benefit the Gloucester Extension Master Gardeners Scholarship Fund. Admission and parking are free.
- Edible Ornamentals for Fall – Zoom – August 28, 2023 7:00 pm – VIRGINIA BEACH MASTER GARDENERS PRESENT GARDENING TALKS: Join us on Monday, Augusts 28, 2023, at 7 pm via ZOOM for a Gardening Talks presentation on: Edible Ornamentals for the Fall: Presented by Lynn Francois, VCE Virginia Beach Master Gardener.
- It’s fall garden time – the easiest gardening of the Year! Let’s have some fun starting a beautiful and edible garden using the vast array of vegetables, lettuces, kales and ornamentals available to us in our 757 area for fall! We’ll take the simple route, focusing on the quick starts and bug avoiding crops that will fade out with a big freeze to close out your gardening year. Gardening Talks is presented via Zoom and is FREE and OPEN TO THE PUBLIC. No registration is required. Gardening Talks are one hour. Go to VBMG.org and click on the Zoom link! Check out upcoming Gardening Talks for 2023 as you explore our website!
- Lunch & Learn series – Prince Edward County – Prince Edward Extension Office, 100 Dominion Dr., Farmville, VA – Bring your questions and lunch! Questions – email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All about perennials! 9/7/23 Noon-1pm – The topic for September is All About Perennials. Pat Lust, HOVMG, will share her vast knowledge with us.
- All About Gardening and Tool Care 10/5/2023 Noon-1pm – Prince Edward Extension Office, 100 Dominion Dr., Farmville, VA – The topic is Gardening and Tool Care. Jackie Fairbarns, an HOVMG, will share her vast knowledge with us.
- NEW! Holiday Decorating 11/2/2023 – Join the Heart of Virginia Master Gardeners for Holiday Decorating ideas! Our very own Barbara Wheeler and Glenda Harris will be sharing their years of experience with you.
- Extension Master Gardener handbook (2023 edition) now available!
- We are still working on making a print version available ASAP.
- Revisions and updates to the EMG Training Handbook have been completed. The 2023 edition of the handbook can be downloaded by visiting: http://hdl.handle.net/10919/112743. The digital textbook version has been published and can be found here: https://pressbooks.lib.vt.edu/emgtraining/. The print version will follow shortly, more details will be provided in April.
- Many thanks to all who assisted in this undertaking. We appreciate all our editors, authors, and contributors!