- Congratulations to 2021 Milestone awardees. Thank you for your time and dedication to making your community stronger! Please view a list of our award recipients here. Milestone pins and certificates have been mailed to unit offices.
- Spotted lanternfly quarantine area expanded – VDACS has expanded the SLF quarantine area. It now includes the following cities and counties: Buena Vista, Charlottesville, Harrisonburg, Lexington, Lynchburg, Manassas, Staunton, Waynesboro, Albemarle, Augusta, Carroll, Page, Prince William, Rockingham, Rockbridge, Shenandoah, and Wythe. This is in addition to the quarantine already in place for Frederick, Warren, and Clarke Counties and the City of Winchester.
- Common Pest and Diseases of the Vegetable Garden – August 1, 2022 VIRGINIA BEACH MASTER GARDENERS PRESENT GARDENING TALKS: Join us on Monday, August 1, 2022, at 7 pm via ZOOM for a Gardening Talks presentation on: Common Pest and Diseases of the Vegetable Garden – The Presenter is Chri Epes, Norfolk Cooperative Extension Agent. This presentation will provide a run-down of common pests and diseases that home vegetable gardeners face in the Hampton Roads area. Basic control measures that can be utilized to control these problems using an Integrated Pest Management approach will be discussed. Gardening Talks is presented via Zoom and is FREE and OPEN TO THE PUBLIC. No registration is required. Gardening Talks are one hour. Go to VBMG.org and click on the Zoom link! Check out upcoming Gardening Talks for 2022 as you explore our website!
- If you would like an infographic showing your local unit’s 2021 statistics, please email Devon email@example.com Infographic template available here. Note: We have not pre-made infographics for each unit this year and will instead be working with you to develop them on request.
- Updated indicia statement:
Virginia Cooperative Extension is a partnership of Virginia Tech, Virginia State University, the U.S. Department of Agriculture, and local governments. Its programs and employment are open to all, regardless of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, military status, or any other basis protected by law.
As always, remember to use the indicia statement on all material you distribute to the public. For promotional material for events, you also need the ADA statement, available here.
- Send us your announcements! Have you converted educational programs to an online format? You can still submit those announcements for the biweekly email! Submit an item for the biweekly update here.