1. Home Horticulture Education – Eggleston Garden Center, Norfolk, VA – September 8th to October 13th
2. VMGA Education Day: “Bats, Birds and Bugs: Gardening on the Wilder Side” – Appomattox, VA – September 29, 2018 (Registration Deadline – September 11, 2018)
3. A video recording of our May webinar “Volunteer Retention and Engagement” with Michelle Prysby, Director of the Virginia Master Naturalist Program, is available online here: Click here
4. Landscape Professional Training Opportunities – Central Virginia – September 12, 2018
5. Go Green Expo – 10 Year Anniversary of Hampton Roads Green Education Event – Newport News EMGs – Saturday, September 9, 2018. Free and Open to the Public. For More Information: www.nngogreenexpo.org
- Brittingham-Midtown Community Center, 570 McLawhorne Dr., Newport News, Va. 23601
6. Horticultural study tour of the Big Island of Hawaii for Extension Master Gardener Volunteers. September 23 – 30, 2018. For more information
7. Twilight Tuesday Series– Fauquier County –July 31, August 7 and 28, September 18
8. Ag in the classroom workshops – June 12 – August 9
9. Arlington / Alexandria Educational programs – July 2018
10. 2018 National Extension Master Gardener Coordinators Conference – August 6-9, 2018 – Madison, WI
11. Upcoming VMGA meeting – Lexington, VA – Saturday, August 11, 2018
12. Mark on your calendar: VMGA Education Day 2018 – Appomattox, VA – September 29, 2018 – Holiday Lake 4-H Center, Speakers on entomology, bats, wildflowers, water resources, and what’s happening in your backyard that you might not be aware of! More information available in the coming weeks!
13. Saturdays in the Garden Series – Fauquier County – April 14, June 23, September 22
14. VBMG Fall Gardening Festival – Saturday, Sept. 15, 2018 – HRAREC, 1444 Diamond Springs Rd. – Virginia Beach, VA
15. Follow the State Office on social media:
16. Walmart Foundation is accepting applications: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until December 31st
17. #LocalFoodMatter PHOTO CONTEST – photos must be submitted between June1st and November 2nd, 2018
18. Hanover Master Gardeners will host a Master Gardening Training Course beginning in September. The classes will be Monday and Thursday morning in the Hanover area. For more information contact Anglette Pryor at 804-752-4310 or email@example.com.
19. Recorded Webinars: Recorded EMG Coordinator webinars hosted by the National Extension Master Gardener Coordinators Committee
20. 2018 Recorded Webinars from Extension
21. Webinar PPts, handouts and other materials
22. Spark page from Colorado: Check out these resources from the Colorado Master Gardener program, discussing staffing booths at public events!
23. EMG Webinar series – We will not be offering a webinar this month (July). We will resume our webinar series in August, with an update from the State EMG Office, and specific topics to be announced soon.