Biweekly Update – April 18, 2019
- Lewis Ginter BG Richmond Spring Plantfest – Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens – May 3-4
- Plants grown by Volunteers, plus 50+ vendors with plants, crafts and plant related items
- Public Education Events – Master Gardeners of Northern Virginia – April 2019
- 2019 Digital Brag Board Submissions by August 12, 2019
- Getting to know Insects Series: Insect Identification and Integrated Pest Management – Greensville/Emporia Extension Office – June 22, 2019
- 105 Oak St. Emporia, VA 23847
- VCE Master Gardener Program 2019 Webinar Schedule
- Horticultural Horizons – Chesterfield County, VA – April 30, 2019
- 2019 New Mini-Grant Application Guidelines – due April 26, 2019
- Please talk to your Agent or Coordinator directly if you are interested in looking at these grants.
- Chesapeake Master Gardener Volunteers’ 2019 Annual Plant Sale – Chesapeake, VA – April 26-27, 2019
- 2019 Sustainable Urban Agriculture Certificate Program – April-June 1, 2019
- Goochland Powhatan Master Gardeners Association 15th Annual Spring Garden Fest – April 27th, 2019
- “Not only is the event a fun, free festival, but attendees can also participate in a full day of classes and tours for a one-time $20 registration fee. Classes, tours, and workshops fill up quickly, so register early for the best selection. Complete descriptions and online registration is available at https://www.gpmga.org/spring-garden-fest/”
- 4th Virginia Urban Agriculture Summit – Virginia Beach, VA – April 23-25
- VMGA Education Day at Virginia Western Community College – Roanoke, VA – May 4, 2019 – Deadline for registration is April 24th 9am-4pm – $18 VMGA members, $33 non-members
- Piedmont Master Gardeners and Charlottesville Area Tree Stewards Annual Sale – Charlottesville, VA – May 4, 2019
- Flyer: Click Here!
- Western Tidewater Master Gardeners Plant Sale – Carrollton, VA – May 4, 2019 – 9am – 1pm
- Piedmont Master Gardeners Through the Garden Gate – Charlottesville-Albemarle County – May 11-September 14
- 19th Festival of Gardening – Lynchburg, VA – May 4, 2019
- NRV Master Gardener Plant Sale – Christiansburg, VA – May 11, 2019
- 9 am until 3 pm
Montgomery County Government Center
755 Roanoke St.
Christiansburg, Va. 24073
- 2019 Tree and Shrub Identification Series – Stafford, VA – May 2-June 6, 2019
- Spring Plant Sale: Nelson County Master Gardeners – Roseland, VA – May 5, 2019, Devil’s Backbone Basecamp Brewpub & Meadows, 200 Mosbys Run, Roseland, VA 22967
- “The Master Gardeners of Nelson County are having their 19th Annual Spring Plant Sale on Sunday May 5th. We think you’ll agree that it’s worth the drive down scenic 151 to peruse | shop the wide selection of plants. While here, we invite you to stroll through our Pollinator Garden located on the Devil’s Backbone premises. Our plant sale flyer is attached to this message. Hope to see you on May 5th”
- Norfolk EMG Plant Sale – “Join Norfolk Master Gardeners on May 18-19 at the Stockley Gardens Arts Festival for our annual Plant Sale!”
- Monticello | UVA 23rd Annual Historic Landscape Institute, “Preserving Jefferson’s Gardens and Landscapes” – June 23-28, 2019
- This one-week course uses Monticello and the University of Virginia as outdoor classrooms to study historic landscape preservation.
- International Master Gardener College 2019 – Valley Forge, PA – June 17-21
- NRV Garden Tour – Blacksburg/Christiansburg, VA – July 6, 2019
- 9 am until 5 pm
Featuring 7 gardens in the Blacksburg/Christiansburg area
Tickets on sale at local libraries – June 1
- Nurturing Native Plants – Natural Bridge, VA – June 1, 2019
- NC State Extension Master Gardener College – Raleigh, NC – June 6 – 9, 2019
- Cullowhee Native Plant Conference – Western Carolina University – July 17-20, 2019
- Save the Date: Protecting Pollinators in Urban Landscapes – Cincinnati, Ohio – October 7-9, 2019
- Extension Good and Bad bugs webinar series – Feb 1 – Dec 6, 2019
- Follow the State Office on social media:
September 19-22, 2019, Norfolk, Virginia
- . Resources for fertilization of lawns and for those involved with Healthy Virginia Lawns programming
- Do you have questions coming in to your Extension Master Gardener program and need to find some answers? Extension Search Resources for EMG Questions
- Registration now open for online Plant Identification Classes by Longwood Gardens and NC State – Click Here
- Master Gardener College Updates:
a) Room block information available! Book your room at The Main now! View our registration information page for more information on booking your accommodations (scroll down to “Accommodation Costs”).
- An update from National Initiative for Consumer Horticulture: 2018 accomplishments letter
- Biweekly Update Submission form – Please use this form for submitting future biweekly update items. Due to staffing limitations through the summer of 2019, submissions sent through email could be missed.
- Gardeners’ Survey – AmpleHarvest.org
- Visit the VCE Lawn and Garden Calendar!
- Every Kid in a Park Program
b) Information from Chad Proudfoot, 4H: “The program is very simple: every 4th grade student (or home school equivalent) in the United States is entitled to get one Every Kid in a Park pass which lasts through August 31 of the school year.”