- Video resources – Do you have tons of Zoom recordings of trainings or webinars that you’d like to make available to your EMGS? Check out our new video resources page for help.
Most Recent Biweekly Updates
1. Send us your announcements! Have you converted educational programs to an online format? You can still submit those announcements for the biweekly email! Submit an item for the biweekly update here.
2. Online CE opportunities
a. We have put together a list of online CE opportunities volunteers can take advantage of while at home: https://mastergardener.ext.vt.edu/ce
3. College 2020 goes online – June 25-28, 2020
a. We have been blown away by interest in EMGC 2020 with more than 500 registered so far. Registration is open until June 19—we hope you will join us!
b. Check out our program here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/13jB1axqp2X-ZpntQEM9x5-qGe7dk9512/view All sessions will be recorded and available for viewing later.
c. Learn more & register here: https://mastergardener.ext.vt.edu/college/
4. Submit a digital brag board for College 2020 – Deadline: June 1, 2020
a. Submit a digital brag board to show off your unit’s activity! Brag boards will be displayed digitally during College 2020. For guidelines and to submit your brag board: https://forms.gle/E9BqHGii7djarXfq7
5. Facebook Live “Get Gardening” Series – Thursdays through the spring
a. Join us Thursdays through this spring and early summer as we invite VCE professionals to join us via Facebook live for short sessions on beginning gardening!
b. You can watch live or check our page later to view the recorded & saved video!
c. Facebook event here: https://www.facebook.com/events/226756471734154/
6. VT Pesticide programs quarterly newsletter: https://vtpp.ento.vt.edu/content/dam/vtpp_ento_vt_edu/VTPP%20Quarterly%20Spring%202020%201-1-RT.pdf
New June Announcements:
1. June 5, 10am – 11 am– Effective Environmental Outreach strategies webinar series from Penn State
2. June 12, 10 am – 3 pm – Southeastern Plant Symposium at home
a. Hosted by the JC Raulston Arboretum and Juniper Level Botanic Garden
b. Register and learn more: https://jcra.ncsu.edu/events/details.php?ID=2343
New July Announcements:
1. July 16, 10 am – State Office Webinar Series Urban Forestry is a Public Service
a. Join Jamie King, University Arborist at Virginia Tech, as he talks about the whys and hows of urban forestry.
b. Register in advance: https://virginiatech.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJwtcO6vrT4oHtd2fAEcsCSQ1D7ZEc5TIqa8
3. View our most recent webinar
a. View a recording of our most recent state office webinar – Mark Sutphin with a spotted lanternfly update:
Biweekly Update Submission form – Please use this form for submitting future biweekly update items.